In Italian kitchens for nearly 120 years, the Mutti family has been committed to offering consumers and customers the highest quality tomato products. With a continuous yearly growth, global presence in over 85 countries and annual global sales over than 370 € million, today Mutti is Italy’s undisputed #1 brand of shelf-stable tomatoes. Mutti remains rooted in its values of simplicity, continuous pursuit of excellence, sustainability, transparency, and respect for - and growth of its people. Its founder and namesake established these values more than a century ago and are carried forward by today’s CEO, Francesco Mutti.
We are currently looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join us! The EH&S Manager will have the RSPP (Responsabile del Servizio Prevenzione e Protezione) responsibility for Mutti SpA as defined by Decreto Legislativo 81 and will define and implement strategies to ensure even more a safe and healthy work environment for our three production sites, based in Montechiarugolo (Mutti’s HQ), Collecchio e Oliveto Citra while coordinating three people through hierarchical/functional reporting. The EH&S Manager will report hierarchically to the Industrial Director and functionally to the President for all matters concerning Safety.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Designs the health and safety strategy for all our production plants
- Develops and implement health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standard and foster a culture of health and safety within the company
- Recommends solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections. Inspects the production sites and evaluates practices and procedures to identify and assess safety, health, and environmental risks and adherence to the law. Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Through the team, investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepares and schedules training to the company employees in order to enhance a culture of health & safety and share knowledge regarding emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- At least 8 years of experience in EH&S roles
- Previous experience as EH&S Manager/Coordinator and within Industrial and Manufacturing industries
- Be qualified to be RSPP (Responsabile del Servizio Prevenzione e Protezione)
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Masters degree desirable
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Mix of large company structured training with application and adaptability of a smaller “hands-on”culture
- Drives results – ability to be proactive & generate sustainable and profitable outcomes
- Influencing – work across a range of stakeholders and persuade to help deliver your plans
- Decision making - the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Organising - work with ambiguity, create structure and clarity to deliver outcomes
- Collaboration - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Experience of working across a business, utilising all functions to drive outcomes
- Location: Headquarters - Parma
- Bargain: CCNL Alimentare